Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More On This Subject Tomorrow

This nurse is too tired and too grouchy and too frustrated to really go in depth about her day at work. I don't think I will ever understand why some people (in this particular case doctors) do what they do when they do it. I feel like I did absolutely nothing today, got nothing really accomplished except watching my patient get sicker and sicker before my eyes and then handing her off to night shift to section 45 minutes after I left. A section that should have happened at about 0900 this morning, and by 1500 at the latest.Let's say that at times today, my line monitoring baby's heart beat was flatter than my toco line sitting on a uterus that was picking up only breathing. The toco line was at least a little jiggly! Sigh...more tomorrow when I won't blog things I'll regret later.

Bottom line is -- babies today: ZERO

1 comment:

  1. Hugs. I'm sorry you had such a day. Was the baby alright?

    You did do something today. You watched over a patient and it was really important. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete