Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not So Sure About It

It's been a long time since I have wanted NOT to go back to work. Usually I can have a rough night and then move on...but I seriously do NOT want to go back to work tonight. It's been a long first two nights of this set of 3, and I'm just not sure I can do one more. I'm trying to pick out the positives, like I get 8 days off after tonight, and I'm getting to go out of town tomorrow morning after I get off, and I made it though 2 nights I can make it through 1 more...but it's not helping too much!

I had a nasty strip tonight, had to run to the ER and catch a baby and then do the recovery of the mom who spoke NO English. I loved my cervidil couple, they were amazing, but their baby just wouldn't cooperate! I'm still working on this "control" thing, and realizing that I can't control what the baby's doing and I can't necessarily "fix" anything, but it doesn't make my pulse any slower when the baby's pulse is! Anyway...

I left a board full of inductions, and some inductions on hold. I know there are at least 5 cervidils scheduled for tonight, plus anything that's left over from today, plus everything that walks in. There are 5 nurses scheduled for tonight, there's no way for me to get call. The one time I ask to be put on call...of course I don't get it.

I have a ton of laundry to do, I have no idea what time I'm gonna get to leave in the morning, I know I won't get packed for my trip tomorrow, I have to be ready to go by about 9am. This is not gonna work...I think I'm going insane and I'm going to cry :(

2 comments:

  1. Three 12's in a row would just be too much for me to deal with ... I gotta give you credit! Hang in there, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! At my hospital they have been cutting nurses and increasing the patient assignments. Sometimes it feels like you aren't nursing, but just running around in a constant rush to get stuff done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete