Monday, February 16, 2009

Triage Queen

Normally...I hate triage, because usually that means I get stuck with a crazy patient or someone who walks in and shoots a kid out in a contraction or two or they're hurting so bad they're climbing off the bed. Last night however...I was the triage queen and did a delivery/recovery and then did 4 complete triage's and sent them all home. I was quite impressed with myself. I can't really count the delivery as mine because it happened at 1840 and the day shift nurse did it, I just walked in and helped with the housekeeping items that need to be done when a patient goes from 6 to complete in a few minutes. But I did that complete recovery, then it was just pretty steady sending one person home, then another walking in and then sending them home in an hour or so. I don't want triage every night, but last night wasn't bad, I'll take it!

This is my last set of 3 before my 8-day-off stretch. I'm ready! 2 more nights, and then I'm out of town for a few days and at least not at the hospital where I feel like I've lived for the last two weeks!

Babies today: 0
Babies total: 37M/31F = 68
Vag:27M/26F = 53
C/S: 10M5F = 15
Babies 'caught' = 1f

No comments:

Post a Comment