Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday

So after my stint on Mom/Baby on Tuesday...I picked up the back half of someone's shift and went in 2300-0700. 2 great couples (one of them I saw 3 times since she was a cervidil and already tucked in when I got there) and what I thought was a great delivery right before shift change.

Then I found out on Sunday that they had just shipped the baby off to the high-end children's hospital in town because she had pulmonary hypertension and was not doing good AT ALL!!
She was pretty unstable and they were thinking about maybe a heart/lung bypass machine. Poor girl! Poor parents! I loved them!!! I haven't heard anything else about the baby...but I'm worried. I hate it when anything goes wrong with one of my babies. And I hate it even more when it's a term baby where everything's expected to go perfect! Sigh...I know it was nothing to do with the delivery or anything I did, but it's still tough to swallow.

Babies today: 1f
Babies total: 56M/62F = 118
Vag:42M/47F = 89
C/S: 14M15F = 29
Babies 'caught' = 2f0.5m

No comments:

Post a Comment