Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hard To Go Back

So after my little "bike accident" on Monday...I've turned down more extra shifts at work than I EVER have. Mark this one down for the record books...I didn't even step foot inside the hospital since I left last Wednesday morning 'till I went back for some simulation drills this Wednesday night! That's over 7 whole days...gotta be a record for me!!! I'm sad about all that extra that I missed :(

I felt super guilty and stayed for 2 hrs after the sim drills to do a C/S recovery Wednesday night and counted it my extra shift for my week off. And then did a full 12hr shift Thursday night. Things haven't slowed down...that's for sure!

I did have a nice delivery, first one in a while after having antes all week last week. I went in early for a nurse so she could leave @ 1730...it's amazing how just an extra hour or two at work can make the shift seem never ending. After the delivery I took a cervidil, then another cervidil, then handed them off, then took one back, then did a triage that I sent home. Ah...the staffing matrix...

I'm still sore after my date with the pavement this week, and all the docs are mad at me for not going and getting the "full workup" after it happened...but one wrote me an RX for some stuff to keep the scabs soft so they look nasty, but at least they're not cracking and splitting open when I sit down or bend my arm. The bruises are turning nice colors :)

I got a Facebook message from a friend telling me that one of their relatives was a cervidil that night, and would I please take care of her. What a compliment! She took right off the cervidil too, I got her blocked and she delivered pretty early after I left. Yay for her!!

Babies today: 1m
Babies total: 44M/46F = 90
Vag:33M/36F = 69
C/S: 11M10F = 21
Babies 'caught' = 1f1/2m

No comments:

Post a Comment