Monday, January 26, 2009

Sick

Called in sick again for work tonight, figured better to not risk it since walking down the hallway to get a drink wears me out. So I was scheduled for 3-in-a-row, and now it looks like I'll only be working the last 1 of them, then I was already scheduled for 7 days off. I feel like a slacker, but I knew there was NO way I could keep up tonight, and I'm still running a low-grade fever. I know everyone gets sick, but I can't remember the last time that I really got hit with something. I really, really, really hate being sick! I think it's my "controlling" personality coming out, 'cuz being sick isn't something I can control.

So I've been in bed all day, I am bored out of my mind but don't have the energy to do much besides lay here. I really hope I get some kind of energy back by tomorrow night, I am DETERMINED to work at least one of my shifts this week!

1 comment:

  1. When I was a new nurse and feeling horrible about having to call in sick (because I KNEW I shouldn't be around my patients, especially the new babes!) my manager told me "If you don't take care of yourself, no one else will."

    Please take good care of yourself. You won't do yourself any favors to be a hero, and it's not right to be around new mothers and infants
    if you've contagious. And relax on your upcoming stretch off!

    ReplyDelete