Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What Day Is It?

Work 2 nights...off 1 night...work 2 nights...off 1 night...work 1 night, and I'm supposed to remember what DAY it is? I think not. I just finished the 2nd set of 2 nights working, am going to sleep my one day off, and then am back tomorrow night.

I've done pretty good I thought. I did one vag delivery of a poor gal that had been there for 2 weeks with PPROM and her fluid finally got pretty low and shew as >36wks so they induced her. She said I was the nurse at the top of her list when she realized she was going to deliver on the night shift. I don't know if she was just saying that, but it made me feel really good! Nice delivery just about an hour into my shift too :) As I'm just starting her recovery (hadn't even left the room yet...) I got a page that my cervidil was in her room and waiting for me. I didn't know I was going to be doing a cervidil! Oh well. It just took me a few minutes to settle myself down, get her on the monitor, check her, page the wrong doc twice before realizing that it was a different doctor on call, and get her cervidil in. Ok, so the cervidil got put in about 2200...oops.

Got the cervidil settled, finished my recovery, and sat for a second, then a ROL came in who changed, got a block and was 8-9 when I gave her to J before I left. That was OK with me, because while I was fighting BP's of 70s/40s after her block, the rest of the world was coming in as triages. When the night shift ran for their lives at 0730 there was not one clean room, a C/S ready to go and a few inductions waiting in the lobby for some empty rooms. Holy cow!

The board looked a little better when I got back last night. I ended up doing the C/S on my cervidil from the night before because she had some massive fibroids and didn't ever get past 5cm. I felt bad for her :( After my C/S recovery I did a triage or two, and was happy to leave at 10 after 7.

That's 2 deliveries in 2 nights, not bad, not bad! Now I'm going to sleep, and then work again tomorrow. Then I'm going to the Rascal Flatts concert Saturday night! I'm pretty pumped about it...honestly I can't wait! And I THINK today is Wednesday (but I'm not 100% sure about that...).

Babies today: 2m
Babies total: 32M/27F = 59
Vag:23M/23F = 46
C/S: 9M4F = 13
Babies 'caught' = 1f

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I wouldn't know what day it was, either. Have fun at the concert!!

    ReplyDelete